Sunday, December 16, 2012

Port & Polish

Well, the Lancia was starting to blow smoke on deceleration, and after exhausting all other avenues i decided the head needed to come off. I also have a broken turbo exhaust stud which needs replacing, and wanted to get that sorted at the same time. After lifting the head off, i have been stuck in for about 8 - 10 hours on my cylinder head smoothing the existing port shape, and getting the underside radius as smooth as i could get it. I have also opened all inlet and exhaust ports out to the gasket size, and will get stuck in on the manifolds to match them very shortly. Im hoping that with the porting/polishing and an extra pound of boost, i might tweak the 100kw that im looking for at the treads (the dyno gave me a figure of 90 front wheel kw which is around 125 wheel hp and these deltas are 130 flywheel hp from factory). 100kw will give me an even 140 wheel hp, which should make it damn fun to drive. Meanwhile my carb is also being sorted out by Murray at Weber Specs to flow the fuel i need at high RPM.

Anyway, take a look at the pics of my head so far.

Before



 After:




No comments: