Sunday, July 22, 2012

Its Been A While.

I am a terrible blogger unfortunately, i never find the time to update things.  I haven't done much for quite a while, unfortunately my mrs has gotten pretty sick, and most of my time and money has gone into taking care of her. I have jumped ship recently from the Peugeot / Chrylser / Jeep / Dodge product and now working for VW as a service advisor, and that is also sucking up any spare time i have leftover.


Well whats been happening ... i had my first real outing a few months back, i did an Autocross at Ardmore Airfield which is kind of like a gymkhana but on a larger scale. The tarmac was quite a coarse chip seal and ripped up my tyres pretty good, but i had alot of fun, and the car proved to be nice and reliable, and gained plenty of attention. I finished top 3rd of the field which is always nice.


My fiancee Belinda took some nice photos of the event also which i'll post below. So .. whats next ? i have found a set of subaru wrx twin pot calibers and lancia thema vented rotors which will work together under my 15" rims to give it a bit more braking grunt, so im quite keen to get the adaptors made up and put those on the car and see wether or not i am going to need to upgrade the master cylinder size. Also i have bought a pair of Nitto NT01 dot rated race tyres to replace the Dunlop D03G's that are currently on the car .. just budgeting to buy another pair before i attempt a track day.


I am really happy with the progress on the car, it handles brilliantly, just trying to fine tune a few more things as i get on with it. Definitely one happy HF turbo owner.






No comments: